23 November 2008

Winterhook Winter Ale

I am quite partial to tasting all the seasonal flavors that are offered round this time of the year, and to kick off the holiday season I chose Winterhook Winter Ale by Red Hook Ale Brewery. I have not been disappointed in the past from this brewers offerings (especially the Longhammer IPA), and this did not disappoint. Poured a deep dark Amber with a nice size head. The one distinct characteristic in its appearance was the lace it left on the glass. The scent was overwhelming of the holiday season with a piny/floral aroma and the taste matched with a nice bite of holiday spice and subtle caramel flavors. Some what of a bitter after taste, but that is expected of an ale. Enough to keep me warm on these cooler nights. Great drinkability that kept me wanting to go back for more. Finished three of them in the span of one football game. Highly recommend for the winter season.

Happy Drinking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I should have known your blog would be about beer! If you really want to experience some beer, lets hit up Epcot and drink around the world. No Red Hook but its all good.