05 November 2008

Congrats Senator Obama

I wanted to send out my congratulations to Senator Barack Obama on becoming our new president-elect. January 20, 2009 cannot come soon enough. It is about we finally get W. out of office. The confidence in our nation has dwindled, and I am hoping I made the right choice in my vote.

In addition it is good to see that the Democratic party picked up some more seats in Congress. With a party majority it will be nice to see us get some new legislation passed. First off, we need to get our troops out of the Middle East. We have done all we can, and if they decide to keep fighting over religious reasons then there is nothing we can do to change that. Why are we trying to persuade their citizens to stop fighting when they are in a war over ideals most of the United States cannot understand as a Christian nation?

Secondly, I would love to see Obama come through on his less that $250,000 income tax cut promise as that would certainly benefit me. And amongst other things, a reformation on gun laws would be fantastic. There is no reason a citizen needs an AK-47 or M-16 sitting around their house. You have nothing but bad intentions with a weapon like that.

Here's a toast to Obama and the next four years. Salud.

No comments: