18 February 2009

Kona Fire Rock Pale Ale

This is a brew that I tried a while ago. But since I have been putting off blogging I have to get caught up. Also, with the festivities as of late, I have had a lot of beer left over from the Super Bowl that is the normal run of the mill stuff. I'll get back to buying new stuff when that runs out.

I have been eying Kona brewery stuff for some time, and finally decided to try the Fire Rock Pale Ale. It was a nice, sweet, amber colored ale with hints of caramel and fruit. I am usually more for a hoppier tasting pale ale, as this was a bit on the light side, but in all fairness it was not an IPA. Poured with a pretty nice head and had some good lacing. I would recommend pairing it with something on the spicy side to balance out the flavor of the food. If you are not one really hoppy ales, then this is the way to go. I will definitely be giving Kona a try on their other brews (especially the Porter). Overall, I would rate this a B.

Happy Drinking!

No comments: