23 April 2009

Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywine Style Ale

Over a month since I have done a beer review, but have I got a dandy for you. Sierra Nevada comes out with a seasonal Barleywine Style Ale and it is fabulous. It is a very hoppy, bitter ale (similar to an IPA) with a citrus flavor. The color was a dark amber, but opaque enough to see through it a little. There was heavy lacing on the glass, which is what I love to see. The taste was quite strong and is not for the faint at palate. And with a 9.6% ABV ratio, one or two is enough to do you in, so sip it slow.

With a $10.99 per six pack price tag it is a bit pricey, but well worth it. When I grabbed it from the shelf it was in the wrong spot an I thought it would only be $8.99, so I was a little upset at the checkout line. However, after the first bottle I knew it was worth every penny. Highly recommended and well deserving of an A.

Happy Drinking!

No comments: