17 March 2009

Michelob Irish Red

Let me start by saying Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone! About a week ago I started to get into the St. Paddy's Day spirit a little soon (given my Irish background, I see this as acceptable), so I decided to give a try to Michelob's Irish Red Ale. I have found their "craft" beers to actually be pretty decent, and for the price (about $6 a sixer) it is worth the try.

I found this brew to be pretty similar to Killian's in appearance and taste, but a little darker in redness and definitely more hoppy in taste. It presented a wonderful aroma of nuttiness and it was also in the taste. There was a bit of a chocolate hint that lingered. Went down easily and I would have no problem knocking back a few of these. Overall I rate it a B-. If you are looking for something new to try for the holiday give it a shot. I still prefer a good old Guinness for my Irish celebration. 

Happy Drinking and, again, Happy St. Patrick's Day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, someone does in fact read your blog. My holiday consisted of working late. I wish I had gotten to have my Guinness. Also I am with you on the martini choice (I go Gin up with no olive), but I cannot get behind the wine. I choose a hearty darker ale with a strong finish (Bass is always at these restaurants, but any such ale will do). All in all, I would say it's acceptable considering the NY strip choice. We should go to a steakhouse...