18 December 2008

Abita! Pecan Harvest Ale

On my last six pack, I chose to go with a seasonal (autumn) brew, the Pecan harvest ale from the Abita! Brewing Co. which is based out of Louisiana. I was a bit skeptical at first to try it because for some reason I felt that it was going to taste something along the lines of pecan pie. Not that I have anything against pecan pie, but it is not the taste that I want my beer to have. I could not have been more wrong as it was very tasty.

It poured a orange/copper color that was pretty clear with a small head. My only rag on it was that there was not much lacing, but this made for much "drinkability" that may appeal to you Bud Light fruits. Fortunately the pecan taste was not overpowering at all and it led to a brown ale taste (which is my second favorite to bock beers). I enjoyed how it went with the season and was a good way to close out the fall. I would recommend this and give it a B.

Happy drinking.

1 comment:

Truth said...

Abita, New Orleans! spent the last week there.